This September, Team Xbox is excited to continue bringing new ways to make Xbox better, with you at the center, as we refine the experience and deliver brand new features based on your feedback. This month’s update includes new ways to access games on Windows PCs via the Xbox app, Play Later discovery, updated Microsoft Edge, and more.
- Xbox app updates let you quickly jump into your games on Windows PCs.
- Play Later discovery lets you curate a list of Xbox Game Pass games to check out.
- The latest version of Microsoft Edge will be available on Xbox consoles.
New ways to access console games with the Xbox app
We’re opening up new ways for you to remotely access your games with updates to the Xbox app. This includes support for:
Play Xbox Game Pass games from the cloud. Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) is now available through the Xbox app on Windows PCs for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate members in 22 countries. Cloud gaming lets you quickly jump into games on your Windows 10 PC, iOS, and Android devices – no downloads required.
Play games directly from your home console on your PC with Xbox remote play: If you own Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One, you can access your console gaming experiences on Windows 10 PCs via Xbox remote play with the Xbox app. Remote play lets you play games from your Xbox Series X|S or any generation of Xbox One on your Windows PC over the internet. It’s essentially a way to mirror your full console experience on another screen – Browse and play your full gaming catalog, change settings, interact with friends, and more.
Save your Play Later list
With Play Later discovery, you can curate your own list of titles from over 100 high-quality games in the Xbox Game Pass library. See a game that looks interesting? Just save it to your list and play it later. If there’s nothing on your list yet, we’ll show you how to use it and provide some personalized recommendations for games to add your list.
Updates to Microsoft Edge on your Xbox
Starting today, the latest version of Microsoft Edge will be available on all Xbox consoles. This update will bring you the best of the web, with improved web standards and a fast, secure, and modern browsing experience right from your console. You’ll also enjoy a more streamlined gaming experience across your signed-in devices. If a game opens a new window on Microsoft Edge for hints or guides, send that tab to another signed-in device so you can continue gaming on your console seamlessly. This update also comes with mouse and sync support, so you can manage your profile settings easily within Microsoft Edge on your Xbox console.
Help shape the future of Xbox
Stay tuned to Xbox Wire for future updates and all the latest and greatest Xbox related news. For support related to Xbox updates, visit support.xbox.com.
If you’d like to help create the future of Xbox and get access to early features such as Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta), download the Xbox Insider Hub on your Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, or Windows 10 PC today. Let us know what you think – we’re always listening!
OS version: 10.0.22000.2285 (xb_flt_2109co.210920-1845) / Shell version: 2109.0.2109.10003
Play console games on Windows devices with the Xbox app for Windows
We’re opening up new possibilities for you to access console games on Windows devices with updates to the Xbox app for Windows. This includes playing from the cloud via Xbox Cloud Gaming (Beta) and directly from your console with remote play.
Save your Play later list
Curate your own list of games from the Xbox Game Pass catalog with Play later discovery. See a game that looks interesting? Just save it to your list and play it later.
Updates to Microsoft Edge on your Xbox
The latest version of Microsoft Edge is available on all Xbox consoles, bringing improved web standards to keep you safe while you browse. If a game opens a new Edge window for hints or guides, you can send that tab to another signed-in device to continue gaming on your console seamlessly. This update also comes with mouse and sync support, so you can manage your profile settings more easily in Edge on your console.
- Some players have reported that when returning to a Quick Resume title, their controller isn’t responding in the game. Quitting and relaunching the game will resolve this.
- There’s an issue in which the audio mixer may not be adjustable.
- The icon for disc-based titles isn’t appearing on the dashboard for some players.
My games & apps
- Some players have reported that HDMI-CEC isn’t working correctly. Ensure that your TV supports HDMI-CEC and that it’s also enabled. If the issue persists, report the problem.
- Provide feedback as an Xbox Insider
- Some games might appear with an incorrect “Trial” tag in My games & apps.
- There are several sections of the dashboard that Narrator doesn’t currently read. We’re aware of the issue and investigating.
- Some websites may prompt you to install their site as an application. This functionality is not currently supported on the console. If you attempt to install, you’ll need to exit and relaunch Edge.