Summary of What's New in this Release of Visual Studio 2019 version 16.10.2
Top Issues Fixed in this Release
From Developer Community
- The concurrency checks in code analysis got smarter. They are harder to fool with complex control flow.
- This fix restores the behavior for external headers by skipping analysis of external headers and suppressing warnings from external headers.
- Fixed .aspx/ascx files where users may see incomplete IntelliSense or experience slow performance.
- Fixed scalability issues with the Unity CodeLens provider when working on large projects.
- Reinstated translated strings in the Azure Service Authentication options page.
- Fixed intermittent visual code display issues when using Resharper extension.
- Fixed an issue where certain tool windows, editors, and designers would be rendered too small to display any content.
- Fixes Xamarin iOS missing app icon problems, either when running an app or when trying to publish it to the App Store.
- Building projects with AOT+LLVM no longer fails with an XA3001 error.
- After upgrading to Visual Studio 2019, version 16.10, under certain circumstances, publishing of UWP apps may fail with error message "The specified resource name cannot be found in the image file". This is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue causing Visual Studio 2019 to stop responding when device configuration changes.
- Fixes three issues in MSBuild:
- Avoids MSB4017 errors when building in Azure DevOps.
- $([MSBuild]::MakeRelative()) again preserves trailing slashes in its input.
- Exclude globs with a trailing ** pattern again exclude files without . characters
- Developer Community has a complete list of all of items shipping in this release.
- ClickOnce won't publish a project.
- ClickOnce Publish for .NET 5.0 fails when SelfContained=true and the project references another project.
- ClickOnce does not work again. -> Could not find a part of the path
- ClickOnce Publish: metadata file could not be found (wrong directory used), publish works on CLI
- ClickOnce tries to gather libraries from the wrong folder, when publishing! (.Net 5)
- After update Visual Studio 2019 Version 16.10.0 build ClickOnce is not working.
- Build regression in 16.10.0 with EWDK
- Publish has encountered an error.
Source: Visual Studio 2019 version 16.10 Release Notes