You can tap into the power of Your Phone app with Link to Windows integration on select Surface Duo and Samsung devices to instantly access your Android phone’s mobile apps directly from your Windows 10 PC.
With Your Phone apps, you can instantly access the Android apps installed on your mobile device right on your PC. Using a Wi-Fi connection, Apps allows you to browse, play, order, chat, and more – all while using your PC’s larger screen and keyboard. You can add your Android apps as favorites on your PC, pin them to your Start menu and taskbar, and open them in separate windows to use side-by-side with apps on your PC – helping you stay productive.
Apps from your Android phone are not installed on your PC.
Apps you pin and/or open on your PC will be running from your Android device. Your Android device needs to be on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network in order for this to work. The Your Phone app is connecting and mirroring apps to your PC from your Android phone. You need to connect (link) your Android phone to your PC via the Your Phone app in order to use this experience.
See also: Use apps from your Android device on your PC | Microsoft Support
This tutorial will show you how to pin Android phone apps to the taskbar on your Windows 10 PC using the Your Phone app.
"Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Android apps from Your Phone app
Open the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC.
Do step 3 (pin to Start) or step 4 (unpin from Start) below for what you would like to do.
When finished pinning and unpinning Android apps, you can close the Your Phone app if you like.
"Unpin from taskbar" Android apps from Taskbar
Go to the taskbar on your Windows 10 PC.
Right click or press and hold on the icon of a pinned Android app (ex: "Gallery") you want to unpin, click/tap on Unpin from taskbar. (see screenshot below)
- How to "Pin to taskbar" and "Unpin from taskbar" Apps in Windows 10
- How to Pin Android Apps from Your Phone to Start Menu on Windows 10 PC
- How to Link Android Phone to Windows 10 PC
- How to Open Phone Screen in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC
- How to Turn On or Off Display Apps from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC
- How to Enable or Disable Your Phone Accessibility service with Windows 10 PC
- Turn On or Off Android Phone Screen while Connected to Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC
- How to Turn On or Off Ask Before Closing Multiple Windows in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC
- How to Add or Remove Android Apps as Favorites in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC