Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web compatibility and performance.
The new Chromium based Microsoft Edge is supported on all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and above), Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2012 R2), and macOS.
You can keep track of the websites you visit frequently by adding them as favorites in Microsoft Edge.
Each profile in Microsoft Edge will have their own separate favorites.
You can use the EditFavoritesEnabled policy to allow or deny users from adding, importing, removing (delete), renaming, arranging, and modifying favorites in Microsoft Edge.
Enable this policy to let users add, import, remove (delete), rename, arrange, and modify favorites. This is the default behavior if you don't configure the policy.
Disable this policy to stop users from adding, importing, removing (delete), renaming, arranging, and modifying favorites. They can still use existing favorites. This can be handy in an environment where you add the favorites you want for all users on the computer to use in Microsoft Edge without the users being able to change them. For example: in a work, school, or family child environment.
This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable allowing all users to add, remove, arrange, and modify favorites in the Chromium based Microsoft Edge.
You must be signed in as an administrator to enable or disable add, remove, and modify favorites in Microsoft Edge.
The downloadable .reg files below will add and modify the DWORD value in the registry key below.
(delete) = Default
0 = Always disabled
Do step 2 (disable) or step 3 (enable - default) below for what you would like to do.
Save the .reg file to your desktop.
Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.
When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.
If Microsoft Edge is currently open, then close and reopen Microsoft Edge to apply.
You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
- How to Add a Site to Favorites in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Pin and Unpin Favorites in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Remove Duplicate Favorites in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Enable or Disable Import Favorites in Microsoft Edge
- How to Import Favorites and Browser Data into Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Export Favorites to HTML file from Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Add or Remove Favorites Bar in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Add or Remove Favorites Button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge Chromium
- How to Import Favorites from Microsoft Edge Chromium to Google Chrome