MagSafe Battery Pack Support
- Apple in July introduced the MagSafe Battery Pack, which is designed to work with the iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, and 12 Pro Max. iOS 14.7 introduces support for the *MagSafe Battery Pack*, and the update is required to use it.
- On the iPhone, you can view the charge level of the *MagSafe Battery Pack* through the Batteries widget either on the Home Screen or through the Today View, with the battery charge level available right alongside the *iPhone*, Apple Watch, and AirPods battery readings.
- Apple announced Apple Card Family sharing in April and rolled out most of the functionality in the iOS 14.6 update, but iOS 14.7 brings support for merging two Apple Cards.
- Two current Apple Card owners who want to share a single *Apple Card* account can now merge their accounts together, resulting in a higher shared credit limit with the lower APR of the two accounts.
- The account merging process can be initiated in the Wallet app.
- With iOS 14.7, there's now an option to manage timers on the HomePod through the Home app.
- Air Quality information in the Weather and Maps app has expanded to Canada, France, Italy, the Netherlands, South Korea, and Spain.
- In the Podcasts app, the Podcasts library now has an option that lets users see all shows or only followed shows.
There are several noteworthy bug fixes that Apple has addressed in the iOS 14.7 update. Apple's release notes include the following:
- An issue that could cause Dolby Atmos and Apple Music lossless audio playback to unexpectedly stop has been fixed.
- The battery service message that may have disappeared after reboot on some iPhone 11 models is restored.
- A bug that caused Braille displays to show invalid information when composing Mail messages has been fixed.
- A bug that could cause the share playlist menu option to go missing in *Apple Music* has been addressed.